Unit 6: Meet what you eat
Every human being has to eat and drink because we all need fuel to keep our bodies going. In this unit pupils explore the most important building blocks of our nutrition. There are good reasons for preferring some food or drinks to others. Food habits and preferences vary around the world. Human needs, however, are basically the same everywhere.
- listen to some information about food components
- analyse some pie charts
- comment on food pyramids from around the world
- write about their food habits
They revise and learn the following language features:
- words and phrases to talk about quantity
- how to use and say fractions and percentages
- adverbs of frequency: "often, usually, sometimes, never", etc.
- language to talk about past habits with "used to"