Topic File C: Food: Facts, fiction and fantasy
In this Topic File pupils find out a lot about ordinary as well as less ordinary food. They work a lot on the computer and with the Internet, doing research and creating a web page and a quiz. They also learn more about food advertising and create their own food advertisement.
- carry out Internet research into various types of food
- create food quizzes
- create a web page
- make their own food advertisements
They also …
- learn how advertising works
- learn how to analyse food advertisements
- learn how to write serious and joke texts
They practise and consolidate …
- the present simple for talking about likes and dislikes, exchanging information and for talking about sequences in a story
- adjectives and comparatives for describing the origins of food
- using the past simple for talking about food traditions in the past
- imperatives in instructions and advice
My food history web page (sample)
Publishing pupil's work on the Internet: useful links
Real or fantasy?
Step 1: Haggis
Step 8: Class survey
Delicious or weird?
Idea for a banana advert
Links to advert video clip archives
Youtube (search for "food/drink adverts" or "food/drink commercials")