Unit 7: Moving life stories
In today's world, a lot of people don't live in the country that they were born in. If we find out about the reasons why they moved abroad, we learn more about the modern world.
In this unit, pupils are going to follow the liffe stories of several people who have moved to Australia, a country with a lot of immigrants.
- explore a multicultural society
- find out about the stories of three immigrants in Australia
- discuss the advantages and disadvantages of living in another country
- write a text about their own possible future
- talk about family life in different cultures
They revise and learn the following language features:
- language for giving directions
- prepositions of time and place such as "from", "in" and "at"
- time clauses with "before" and "after"
- various pas tenses, especially the past simple